DK Eyewitness Travel Guide SwitzerlandeBook - 2019
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this picturesque and unique country.
Marvel at the iconic Matterhorn, explore the fascinating art galleries and museums of Basel, or stroll around the historic town of Lausanne on Lake Geneva: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within color-coded chapters. Discover the best of Switzerland with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Switzerland:
- Over 35 color maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Switzerland designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floor plans show the inside of icons such as Geneva's impressive Cathédrale Saint-Pierre, Bern's masterpiece-filled Kunstmuseum, the enchanting Château de Chillon, and more
- Color photographs of Switzerland's historic cities, picturesque towns, impressive architecture, beautiful scenery, and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country's fascinating history and culture, varied languages, alpine environment, unique architecture, tunnels and railways, traditional festivals, as well as outdoor activities including skiing and hiking
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Bern; Mittelland, Bernese Oberland, and Valais; Geneva; Western Switzerland; Northern Switzerland; Zürich; Eastern Switzerland and Graubünden; and Central Switzerland and Ticino
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee plus visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Switzerland is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Switzerland.
On a tour of Europe? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Europe.