The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) staff will start preparing tax returns, in the 1st Floor Meeting Room of our Library, from January 29 through April 15, 2020. The Xenia Community Library will continue to be a walk-in site.
The new hours for our site are listed as the following:
Mondays – 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesdays – 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Fridays – 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you would like to have the VITA staff assist you at the Xenia Community Library, you must bring the following documentation when coming to our site:
- Social security cards for everyone in the family.
(There can be no exceptions if you would like your taxes prepared by our VITA staff.)
- Photo ID for the taxpayer and spouse (no exceptions). A current
Ohio Driver’s License is preferred but employer ID cards with a photo,
military ID, state ID card, and passport are also acceptable.
- All of your W-2 forms for 2019.
- Don’t forget your social security statements (1099-SSA).
- Bring all 1099-MISC income forms, if self-employed, and any other source of income.
- If you have a health savings account (HSA), you must have your 1099-SA form if you took money out of the account last year.
- If you have a brokerage account, you must wait for your 1099-B forms which come out as late as March.
- If you have insurance through the Marketplace (ACA or Obamacare), you must bring your 1095-A form.
- Please bring your last year’s tax return forms.